Our History

The Woodstock Professional and Business Women have been an active part of the community since 1931. This dynamic group of women has been involved in numerous community projects, along with giving business women in the community a forum for support and education. In 1976, after several years of fundraising, the group, spearheaded by Frances Kuhn, built a replica of the original 1873 Springhouse in the Woodstock Square. The group honored its first Woman of the Year recipient in 1975. Each year the Frances Kuhn Scholarships (named after the late Mayor and former member) are given to women who reside in school district 200 and are returning to school for a degree or to learn additional skills. As a supporter of the annual Christmas Clearing House, the WPBW volunteers to pack bags along with making a substantial cash donation. The Angela Burden Award, named for another former member in her memory, is to an organization or business in Woodstock that exemplifies Angie’s spirit – love of community and generous of heart. Funds are raised through the annual Woodstock Autumnn Art Tour and through the sale of cookbooks which feature historic photographs of Woodstock and recipe’s of community members.

Newsletters

2015

2014

2013